Collective for Clean Energy (Student Group)
The Collective for Clean Energy (CCE) is a student organization with the goal of assisting with UCSB’s transition towards zero carbon emissions while providing a space for students to work on projects and research with a clean energy focus. Our goal is to engage and educate students from all disciplines on how we can create a clean-energy future together. Through collaboration, we aim to serve as a central hub for all student-led energy innovation at UCSB.
Professor RD is the faculty advisor of CCE. If you are interested in pursuing clean energy projects, please come join us.
Examples of past and ongoing projects include:
1) geospatial analysis to estimate land use of past wind and solar projects;
2) understanding and quantifying the gap in access to energy efficiency programs in the public sector in California between underserved communities and the rest of the state;
3) developing renewable energy timeseries data for use in electricity system models;
4) data analysis of energy demand in southern African countries; and
5) developing proposals for the Green Initiative Fund.